How do you cope with the unprecedented challenges and changes we are all facing today? How can you serve at your best at work, when you are rightly concerned about your own wellbeing and that of those you love?
No one has all of the answers right now. The good news is, you don’t have to. You don’t need the answers, you need the confidence, skills, and strategies to know that you will find the answers. You need resourcefulness and adaptability. You need to be able to tap into your in-born capacity to cope effectively with massive change.
- What if it were okay to not have all the answers?
- What if you could accept that this is supposed to be hard and start working on making it better?
- What if you are far more capable of dealing with this than you think?
If your people are struggling to cope with everything that is happening in our world right now, the the Roadmap to Resilience is the program you need. Not because it will give you all the answers, but because it will give you the tools to find them.
In this presentation Mark provides the strategic framework you and your organization needs to develop Radical Resilience in your people. This program will help you:
- Decrease stress
- Improve confidence
- Decrease anxiety
- Improve productivity
- Decrease Overwhelm
- Increase Productivity
The Roadmap to provides your company with the strategic framework your organization needs to help your employees develop Radical Resilience.
This, and all of Mark’s programs are now available via video conferencing and as a series of webinars. Live or pre-recorded.
“You often hear of people who have stories to tell and can deliver a message however I must say Mark had the package. Mark’s message is profound and I’d recommend every organization to have Mark in to speak to their people.”
Royal Bank of Canada
Do people in your organization struggle with stress, worry or anxiety? Are you losing productivity and are people wasting time and energy because they are focused on the great “unknown”? Live Today will fix that!
Live Today is simple but powerful formula for helping your people to accept their current situation and focus on their most precious resources – time and energy – on the things that move the needle.
- Get your people focused on what moves the needle
- Develop productive intensity
- Increase productivity
- Deliver the catalyst to creativity and initiative
Live Today provides your people with a fresh perspective on challenges and perceived problems.
(This presentation can be used as opening or closing keynote, breakout session, or as half-day or full-day in-house training.)
“I have been with this company since the beginning more than thirty years ago. We have had many good speakers over the years. Mark Black was among the best.”
– John White, President, Winmar
Your organization has a vision for where you are headed, but the future has many unknowns and the stakes are high.
To realize your goals, you need to have everyone on board but how do you get everyone from the front line to the head office to truly believe it can happen? Book Mark Black.
In “Go Big” Mark will use his life story of battling life-threatening disease, surviving a Heart & Double-Lung Transplant, to become a 4-time marathon runner, to your people see that they are limited more by their own beliefs than external circumstances. This program is perfect for you if you want to:
- Learn how to stretch individual and organizational vision
- Re-frame perceived obstacles and challenges
- Map out a defined plan for your success
- Learn how to handle doubters and naysayers
“The passion and energy with which Mark speaks about the challenges he’s faced and how he can touch an audience when doing so, are remarkable. Mark’s message is profound. I’d recommend any organization who want to remind their people the importance of attitude and thinking in meeting goals and conquering challenges, to have Mark in to speak to their people.”
– The Cooperators
We often tell students to do “the right thing” and so they should, but Mark has discovered the path to achieving anything of meaning is also to “do the hard thing.” We live in a world where convenience and ease are valued more highly than determination and grit. When students believe that better means easier they risk missing out on some of the best parts of life.
In this thought-provoking and inspiring program; Mark shares how the best things in his life came out of what initially seemed like terrible situations. Students learn practical strategies for reframing their challenges and embracing their flaws to become the best version of themselves.
- Your results are created by your decisions. If you don’t like your results; change your decisions.
- The more we avoid our challenges, the bigger and scarier they become. The best way to deal with your problems is to face them head on.
- Action creates results: it is great to dream and to have a positive attitude, but unless you DO something, nothing will change.
- The most successful people are also the most determined: If you never quit, you won’t always win, but you will never truly lose.
Duration: 50-65mins Suitable for: Grades 7-12
Teens are more anxious and stressed than ever before. 34% of high school students now indicate a moderate to serious level of psychological distress. Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death in people aged 15-24, it doesn’t have to be.
Even while working as a “motivational speaker” Mark struggled with anxiety disorder and depressive episodes for years. He has experienced how it feels, and he wants to help. Mark is not a therapist or psychiatrist. He is just someone who has been there and found a way out.
In this powerful presentation, Mark incorporates humour and humility to open an authentic and encouraging dialogue and provide a safe space for students dealing with depression and other mental health struggles. Students will learn practical strategies to cope and learn it is okay to ask for help.
- Permission to talk: students will be encouraged to talk to people they trust about how they feel
- Acceptance: teens need to feel accepted. Mark helps students accept themselves for who they are
- How to get help: Posting the crisis / suicide hotline number is not enough. Mark provides students with a number of resources and ways to get help after the presentation.
Duration: 50-65mins Suitable for: Grades 9-12 & University/College audiences
Too often we patronize teens with meaningless motivational messages. “You can do ANYTHING” is a phrase most teens have heard in some form or another, they immediately tune out, because they know… it’s not true! That is unfortunate because what IS true is that they can do a lot more than they think.
In this honest and real presentation, Mark shares real motivation tips that WORK. Leaving behind the empty platitudes, Mark gets to the core of how peak performers stay motivated and what teens can do to ensure that they set themselves up for success.
Using his powerful personal example, Mark shows students that if he can run 26.2 miles with someone else’s heart and lungs, they can achieve what they want to achieve – provided they are willing to do what it takes.
- Focus: You can’t do everything, but you can do something pretty amazing if you focus
- Vision: If you don’t know what you want, there is little chance you will get it.
- Planning: Goals aren’t realized overnight. They usually take years of dedicated effort. What is your action plan for success?
- Handling Failure: The question is not IF you will fail, but when. Are you ready?
- GrIt: If you will do whatever it takes for as long as it takes, you will find success
Duration: 50-65mins Suitable for: Grades 7-12 & University/College audiences
Your Content Goes Here